Prevent Immigrant Detention
Funds raised will be distributed to community members in need of legal bond and representation. Bonding out our neighbors detained by immigration and connecting them with lawyers gives them the best chance at remaining members of our community and helps keep families together. Average bail is $5,000 to $7,000.
of immigrants arrested in an immigration raid who are not able to post bond and have no legal representation are deported.
of immigrants arrested in an immigration raid who are able to post bond and obtain legal representation are deported.
increase in immigrant's chances of being granted relief with Eastern Iowa Community Bond Project's assistance.
- The Gazette: (5/12/17) Aid organization for detained immigrants becomes nonprofit
- CBS 2 Iowa: (3/24/17) Local group provides money, legal help for detained immigrants
- KCRG TV9: (3/14/17) Project aims to help undocumented immigrants post bond
- LULAC: (3/10/17) Iowa group forms to raise money to provide bond, legal assistance for undocumented immigrants
- LULAC: (3/7/17) Iowa LULAC warns immigrants of ICE raids, raises money to assist in legal battles
- Little Village Mag: (2/27/17) Photos: A night of punk raises funds for the Community Bond Project
- Little Village Mag: (2/23/17) Benefit concert at Near Future puts music to work fighting against deportation
Stay up to date on the work of Eastern Iowa Community Bond Project.